Rainy Day Treat: Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

I regularly follow my favorite Biggest Loser winner Olivia Ward and her at home winning sister, Hannah Curlee. These girls are massive inspiration and they make me think of me and my goofy sis!! They jointly run a website called My Fitspiration and a youtube channel by the same name.  Olivia recently shared her recipe for Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate  in which she uses stevia as her sweetener. I went out and bought the brand she recommends but after having tried it, I've decided that stevia is not for me- it tasted too much like fake chemical sugar, which I know it's not but it messed with my head. So I went about as usual tweaking and trying to perfect it to my tastes while still keeping it low calorie as she had.  Here's the stats my friends!!!

What you need:

8 oz of unsweetened chocolate almond milk

1 tablespoons of Cocoa Baking Powder (not hot chocolate mix but the kind you use in baking- I like the Trader Joes version best, I tried Ghirardelli and it was too bitter in my cocoa and that defeats the purpose!!)

1-1/2 tablespoons of PB2  ( a powdered or dehydrated peanut butter, it fabulous for baking, smoothies or this stinkin' good hot cocoa! I got mine from Amazon.com. New Frontiers market carries something similar but I find with that one you have to add more sweetener to the hot cocoa.)

1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar. This is obviously to taste and if you want to use another type of sweetener go ahead, but I'm an agave kind of girl.

What you do:


 Put it all in a saucepan, whisk over med/high heat- stirring constantly so you don't burn the almond milk. Heat to desired temperature and Enjoy!!




Serving suggestion:
grab a good book (book club read WE READ SLO!!!) and sip!



If you're a peanut butter chocolate nut then click HERE and check out my recipe for homemade vegan peanut butter cups!

(** For those following Weight Watchers here's the points plus value for each: Chocolate almond milk: 3 pts for 8 oz.  Unsweetened cocoa powder: 0 pts for 1 tablespoon. PB2 is 1pt (serving size is 2 tablespoons, but it remained 1 pt at 1-1/2 tablespoons. Agave nectar- 0 pts for 1/2 teaspoon. This beverage is just 4pts compared to traditional hot chocolate which is 8pts!)


Comments

Popular Posts