Lululemon Vinyasa Scarf: A Review



I've had my eye on the Vinyasa scarf for awhile after seeing an acquaintance wear one, but I was hesitant to spend the money. Much like my first pair of wunder under crops, after I made the purchase I thought to myself- "Where have you been all of my life and why did I wait so long?!"

Lululemon positions this scarf as a "No fuss, customizable scarf". It features snaps at either end so the scarf can be an infinity or unsnapped to create a traditional shape. What sold me on it was the video on their website that shows you 10 different ways to wear the scarf (see video below) . There are so many times the Vinyasa scarf would come in handy. Yesterday I got caught out in a rain shower- it was bright and sunny and then suddenly it wasn't. I had left my umbrella in the car and I remembered that around my neck was the vinyasa and that it can be used as a hood. I pulled it up and walked to my destination in comfort. It kept me dry and warm on my short walk. 

I have tried the recommended ways of wearing it but my favorite is to keep it as an infinity scarf, draping it from my neck, looping it over my head and then unbuttoning 3 snaps. (See photos below)
















I initially justified this purchase because my husband and I are going to visit his parents in England next year and I thought it would be the perfect scarf for the brisk early spring weather we can expect to encounter- the fact that it can be turned into a hood was a huge selling point for me. Honestly I've worn it every day since I purchased it so now I don't feel like I have to justify the purchase. I can already tell this is going to be a staple for many years to come and at $50 it's going to feel like a bargain for how much use I'll get out of it. 

I purchased my Vinyasa in sweat-wicking Rulu fabric but it is also available in cotton and velour. I decided on the Rulu fabric, a Lululemon exclusive, because it's lightweight and stretchy, but also super cozy and warm. I have the Base Runner half zip in the Rulu fabric so I knew it was a fabric I loved. I bought it in the heathered herringbone, which is the same print as my base runner, classic and goes with everything. (By the way, if Lululemon is listening: plllleeeeeease bring back the base runner half zip! I live in mine in winter and wish I could buy another one!)

So all in all a good purchase that I don't regret!


*outfit details:

Rose Gold Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters. I couldn't find these online but they are in store for $16
Striped Shirt: old BDG from Urban Outfitters. Similar JCrew HERE
Pants- BDG Cigarette Grazer from Urban Outfitters (hmmm I'm noticing an unintended UO theme!) **It looks like the cigarette grazer was discontinued in 2014 (boo!!). Looks similar to the Twig Grazer HERE

SEE ALSO:
My review on the Lululemon Bhakti Jacket in their exclusive Luon fabric

Comments

Popular Posts