Nutella Buttercream?! Yes, it's true!

What do you do when a dear friend helps you out of a massive bind? You bake!! Oh and if their favorite flavor is Nutella? Make up a behind-kicking buttercream recipe! BOOM! 

I have a go-to buttercream frosting recipe-I use it in some form basically anytime I need frosting (except for carrot cake that is!) A link to my marshmallow version can be found here.

When I decided to bake cupcakes for my friend I knew I had to find a way to incorporate Nutella. Out came the apron and my chef's thinking cap- let the experiment begin!!


Okay friends, I've done the work for you!
Here's what you'll need:

(frosts 12 cupcakes- double everything but the vanilla for a larger batch. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla for the double recipe.)

1/2- stick salted butter- make this a good quality butter my friends- it's worth it!
1- teaspoon of Vanilla
1 cup- icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
2- tablespoons- of half and half 
1/2 cup of Nutella (oh yeah!!)

Whip softened butter in a mixer- this can be a stand up mixer or hand held. 
Add vanilla and mix with butter.
Slowly add the icing sugar.
Add one tablespoon of half and half with mixer on. Add the second tablespoon once the first is mixed.
Add 1/2 cup of Nutella and whip away!! 
The frosting will be light and whippy, but firms up after being refrigerated. I find it easiest to work with while it is whippy and then I let it firm up on the cupcakes before serving.




Bake yourself some chocolate cupcakes and you're good to go!!!! 
(*I used Trader Joe's Chocolate Cake Mix for this but use whichever you like best! The Trader Joe's cake mix makes 24 cupcakes so you'll need to double the above recipe- I only made 12 cupcakes.)


This cupcake is enjoying some festive Fall decor! 
packaged and ready to go!

A full sink is a job well done!!
Have I tempted you?! Let me know your thoughts!!

Comments

  1. i only have one thing to say- yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I know! I had to stop myself from just eating it with a spoon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts