Pumpkin Pie In A Glass- A Smoothie For Fall

A friend of mine who is a raw foodist recently gave me this recipe from  the Forks Over Knives Cookbook. I've been hearing from multiple sources about pumpkin pie smoothies and when she mentioned this one I knew I had to try it because I knew it wasn't going to be chock full of junk or things I'd rather not put in my body. I did make an alternate version which I prefer, which will be listed after the original. This recipe is so great- it's simple, full of beta carotene, hight in fiber, low in calories, filling and just the right amount of sweet and spice!


What you'll need:
(Original Recipe)

1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree- preferrably organic
1 cup- unsweetened almond milk or water
1/2 cup ice cubes
4 pitted and chopped Medjool dates
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg

Blend it all together and ta-da!- a delicious good for you Fall treat!!

pitting the dates



adding the vanilla



adding the spices



the finished product- so good!!
My Alternate Version:

3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 pitted and chopped Medjool dates
1/2 cup ice cubes
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon
pinch nutmeg

My version is a spicier pumpkin flavor and a little less sweet. I wanted a thicker smoothie so I added more pumpkin puree, the richness of vanilla almond milk and the heat of Saigon cinnamon- YUM!!
Either version you try it's a wonderful treat!!


Comments

Popular Posts