Movie Monday- Triplets of Belleville

French release poster

So it seems I'm starting a trend or at least a series here- I had an epiphany today while driving on my errands. One of the best movies ever is just waiting to be introduced to you, my amazing readers! Now, I'm guessing some of you- or maybe even most of you- have seen this little gem already, but for those that haven't prepared to be entertained by this subtle, clever, and oh-so-very French film!

Les Triplettes de Belleville is without dialogue but not without sound! Oh and did I mention it's animated?! The music in this film is just as much a character as the people! I saw this in the theater when it first came out and just adored it- eventually I bought the boxed special edition discs that had to come from Canada with a making-of  and special features disc. We bust it out every now and again and give it a watch, my husband loves it too. 

My husband can relate to the cycling aspect of this film as little Champion loses his parents and goes to live with his Grandmother, Madame Souza in the French countryside growing up to be a rider in the Tour de France.  He is kidnapped en route by the mafia for a gambling scheme- his poor little Grandma has to find him and rescue him with big, sweet Bruno the dog. A crazy ride ensues for Madame Souza and Bruno- meeting and enlisting the help of the once famous Triplets of Belleville. It's an excellent way to spend 78 minutes!!

A Teaser perhaps?!


Now go treat yourself, and watch the whole thing!! You won't be disappointed!

Comments

  1. This is an all-time favorite film in our house. James and Evy were totally captivated by it when they were wee little teensies. I'm really excited to share it with Elliott too.

    VERY cool that you love and posted about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys love it!!! It's always been a special one for us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts