Popbasic- first micro collection launches

I first heard about Popbasic in early fall of 2012. I signed up for a spot for their beta collection, eager for the service they were set to provide. After a less than stellar performance from a similar company left me disappointed I was more than ready for Popbasic to launch! They gave us a sneak peek of the collection with their adorable video featuring the micro collection. I instantly fell in love with all three items and imagined how I would incorporate them into my wardrobe. They gave us a lot of little teases but finally launched in January. 

I waited and waited impatiently (okay I'm exaggerating, they didn't take that long to ship!) and made a little high pitched noise when I opened my mailbox to see the package! Let's talk about exactly what arrived and how I styled the pieces!




This was my first glimpse into the package! The micro collection includes 3 pieces. A silky polka dot button up blouse (the "basic" of Popbasic) and two beautiful and incredibly fun necklaces (the "pop" or trendy items). 




A handwritten note, $15 off coupon for Dear Kate a "revolutionary underthings" company, a card featuring a photo and name of each piece (with ideas on how to style them on the back!), and the surprise beauty item: Tatcha japanese beauty papers (um, there's gold flakes on them my friends!)

How I styled the pieces:

Basic Polka Dot blouse:
I wore the polka dot blouse with the Midsummer Night's necklace. The shirt doesn't fit me that well- I can only get the bottom buttons buttoned- it's tight across the chest and shoulders for me and I don't have broad shoulders or a big chest. I wore it with a black tank under it and tucked into a high waisted black skirt. I got tons of compliments on both the shirt and the necklace. If I didn't tell anyone why I had the top buttons undone and the shirt tucked in, you would never know it was so ill fitting. 


Midsummer Night's necklace:
I paired the Midsummer Night's necklace with a blush toned polka dot LC by Lauren Conrad loose blouse that I got at a second hand store. This shirt is a little big for me but the price was too good to pass up so I make it work by pairing it with a leather braided belt. I paired the shirt and belt with dark denim trouser cut jeans (these are Gap) and Seychelles brown leather low wedge pumps. 






 Yellow and Gold Twist necklace:

I paired the Yellow and Gold twist necklace with a basic white v-neck tee, grey Target cardigan,
Urban Outfitters bright blue BDG ankle length cigarette jeans, and Urban Outfitters tasseled yellow loafer.







I am really excited about Popbasic's next collection- they feature a gorgeous accordion pleated maxi skirt, basic grey tee and another stunning necklace that will take me out of my comfort zone!

Want what you see, or intrigued by next months micro collection? Sign up HERE. The Beta collection is still available. I know I'm going to have fun with these pieces and finding new ways to wear them. I've never had so many people ask where I've gotten something!!


**AS OF FEBRUARAY 11, 2013 THE BETA COLLECTION IS SOLD OUT! STAY TUNED FOR THEIR NEXT MICRO COLLECTION COMING IN MARCH!!



Comments

  1. Cute styling! I have that Lauren Conrad polka dot blouse as well hehe yeah I may just get creative with the blouse because it is cute but we'll see how the quality holds up. I love the yellow necklace and definitely can see myself wearing it more so than the midsummer night dream necklace.

    P.S. Yeah what was that Dear Kate thing?? I was slightly disturbed haha just tossed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just check out the Dear Kate stuff- it's rather expensive for underwear! Even with the $15 off it would still be $20 for a pair of underwear- not my budget range for undies! :)

      loved the beauty papers though!

      Have an awesome week Kimberlee!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts