Socca Pizza

My dear friend Meagan introduced me to Socca- I had never heard of it before she mentioned it. I can be an adventurous recipe maker (as long as it's vegetarian), so I dove head first into this recipe!! The original recipe can be found HERE
It's made with chickpea/garbanzo bean flour so it's gluten free and had some protein too. 

The ingredients make 1 pizza crust so if you're making it for more than yourself you'll have to increase the quantity. :) Annnnd if you're anything like me the first one will turn out horribly and you'll have to make the "crust" again!

1/2 cup of chickpea/garbanzo bean flour.

add 1/4 cup water (or more if you want a thinner pancake/crust) I find that I do 1/4 cup of water and add 1tsp extra. Add your seasonings. I add Italian seasonings, garlic powder and salt. You want to add the seasonings to taste,  so I won't give measurements, as they are different each and every time. Make a batter similar to pancake batter. 

heat a skillet and add 1-3 tablespoons of olive oil. add batter and spread with a fork. I personally like to keep my crust thin, as I find that if it's too thick it gets chewy. Heat until bubbles form, edges are crispy and the pancake is firm enough to flip. Crisp the other side. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees

Now for toppings!!

My toppings this time around. I change them frequently. You could do literally whatever you want!!!  I used, kalamata olives, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and little mozzarella balls torn up and spread over the veggies. 
Voila! And it's done!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts