Sisters- All Kinds Of Weather, We Stick Together.

Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister- Irving Berlin





I am lucky enough to have a sister. In fact I'm lucky enough to have a sister that I like- quite a lot really!
Growing up we fought a lot. We were the kind of siblings who said things like, "Mom! She's breathing my air!" Ha ha!! We couldn't stand each other when we were little! I think my mom had a lot of Calgon moments! The most common words from my Grandmother's mouth to us both were, "Be sweet, kind, gentle and loving!" She couldn't abide our fighting!

My parents used to tell us that we'd be friends and I don't think either one of us believed it! Somewhere around the time that I started high school and my sister was a senior we indeed became friends!! I guess parents really can be right! We became road trip queens as adults, belting out tunes at the top of our lungs, laughing and truly enjoying each other's company.

Nowadays we still find common ground. We Zumba together, walk together, lunch together, raid each other's closets, share recipes and are basically each other's backbone in times of need and the go to for times of celebration! Hooray for sisters!!

For those not lucky enough to have a sister by birth there are fortunately those who are sisters by choice, sisters by another mother, our BFFs, our dearest friends who are just like sisters.  I am blessed to have a lot of special friendships in my life, but my sister and I are particularly blessed to have a set of sisters by another mother and so at the end of the day I salute them too! Kennedy girls (2/3rds of which are no longer Kennedy's) three cheers for sisters by choice!! You are just as special!!

But at the end of the day Sis, this post is for you, thanks for always looking out for your little sister and deciding that I'm not so bad after all!!! I'm grateful that you didn't convince Mom and Dad to sell me to the circus, but you did have me thinking I was adopted for awhile!

Love you!!

Me and my Sissy! (plus our Gram in there too!)

My Sisters by another Mother!! (and my real one in the red sweatshirt.)



Comments

Popular Posts