Outfit of the Day: Faux Leather Knockoff

It's been quite a while since I've done an outfit/fashion post on the blog. Lately I've just been doing them as Instagram posts and leaving it at that, but this time around I decided this particular one deserved a blog post about it.

I have been coveting an absolutely glorious leather jacket from Madewell called the Washed Leather Swing Jacket (also drooling over the regular Washed Leather Jacket too). I love the little snap pocket and the overall look of the jacket- though I must admit I don't love that it doesn't have a collar. I can't justify spending $500 on a jacket at this time- especially seeing as California is in a historic drought and we just don't get cold often and long enough to warrant a warm coat/jacket. My solution?  A faux leather knock off. I've been trolling the internets far and wide (Zara, Express, H&M, Target, etc...) for just the right one. I was narrowing it down between 2 from Zara when I decided to hit up our brand new H&M in San Luis. This is where I hit the jackpot! I found a pretty good knock off that even had the little snap pocket I was coveting in the Madewell one. You know what's even better? The H&M jacket has a collar! Bam! Oh and it was only $60 and I don't have to feel bad about wearing real leather. A win-win all around!

I'm not gonna lie, I still want the one from Madewell and if it goes on sale with a significant discount the odds are I'm going to grab it. But, in the meantime I've got a rad alternative that I'm completely stoked on!


Here's the jacket that started it all! The glorious Madewell Washed Leather Swing Jacket.



Here is my inexpensive H&M alternative. (Outfit details and links found below)






Jacket: H&M Biker Jacket in black (imitation leather) 
Shirt: H&M Cotten Shirt Dark Blue/Dotted
Pants: Target Mossimo black jeans (similar)
Shoes: Franco Sarto Venezia D'Orsay flats.






Comments

Popular Posts