Chocolate Chip Cashew Cookies

It's been awhile since I've shared a recipe. I got the urge to bake cookies today, even though I am currently doing a Dietbet (more on this to come!). I am fortunate that when I get the urge to bake, I have a husband and co-workers to share it with, otherwise I'd be in some real trouble. 

I frequently start baking before I check my pantry so there are times that I find myself in a pickle, as a consequence this is a recipe that I tweaked both on purpose and on accident. It was a happy accident, thankfully. 



Ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (the real stuff, please no imitation vanilla extract)
2 eggs
1/2 package semi sweet chocolate chips (you may do the whole bag if you want)
1/2 cup chopped raw cashews.

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl mix all three flours, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.

Using a mixer (if you have one), cream softened butter, add brown sugar and granulated sugar, mix. Add vanilla and eggs, mix.

Mix in dry ingredients. Gently fold in chocolate chips and cashews.
Line parchment paper on a cookie sheet, drop dough balls onto the parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes, but check at 8 minutes. Mine were done at 8 minutes.

Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.

Yum! They're buttery, chocolate-y and light, so good!!

Comments

  1. YUMMY! I love baking, and I cant wait for this hot weather to let up so I can get back in the oven. These cookies have made my to-do baking list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it wasn't fun baking them, I was definitely sweating, but I wanted them so badly I braved the sweaty brow!

      They were a huge hit at work today, so I can say they have the Ahshe seal of approval! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts