Egg-free Oatmeal Nut Butter Cookies

I'd like to say this recipe was inspired by a health kick but the real reason I came up with an egg free cookie recipe is because I was having a serious sweet tooth moment and I didn't have any eggs in the house. I started researching recipes and ways to substitute eggs and found some recipes that used simply water as the replacement.

I have two versions of this recipe. They are almost identical but the second version includes the addition of cornflakes. I'll include that option in the recipe below for those that want an unique crunch to their cookie.

You can use whatever nut butter you want in this recipe. I used almond butter (Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter. SO good!) The measurements below may seem a little odd but after some trial and error these ratios work the best. This recipe makes 18-20 cookies depending on the size you spoon out onto cookie sheet (or how much dough you eat!!)




What you will need:

1/3 cup nut butter
1/2 cup salted butter (I use Kerry Gold)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
(optional: 1/2 cup dry cornflakes cereal) 

What you do:

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F

Mix butter and sugar until creamed. Add water and vanilla, mix. Add nut butter and mix. 

In a separate bowl mix oats, flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet mixture and combine. 

** at this point if you would like to, add a handful (about 1/2 cup) crushed cornflakes into the cookie dough mixture. They provide a wonderful texture and add a unique flavor.  

Spoon onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake cookies 8-10 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a rack. 

These, along with my Salted Caramel Cookies, will now be my go-to cookie for every occasion!


Comments

Popular Posts