Outfit of the Day: Deals and Steals!

This whole outfit centers around this dress. A slightly sheer, textured top layer with a black shorter slip built in underneath- it has personality and simplicity all in one. I was lucky enough to spot it on @lazyeyeshop 's Instagram feed for a mere $12! I'd love to say I got the deal just because I'm friends with the owner (I am)- but honestly the deal was available to everyone and I just happened to snatch it up. The front door delivery?- now that was dependent upon the friendship. Anyway, I digress, back to my point which is this: follow Lazy Eye Shop on Instagram, support a small California based business,  fall in love with a gently used, new to you piece, and find yourself with money still in the bank. Win-win!

Here's how I styled this versatile dress:


This dress is much shorter than what I would normally wear and feel comfortable in, but I love the way it looks with just bare legs and a great pair of heels. Great for a summer lunch date or a stroll on these balmy summer nights. 



A hat can be key when you've run out of dry shampoo (egads!! I'm having serious R+Co Death Valley withdrawals!!), but keep a hand on it when that summer breeze kicks up or you're liable to be trying to hold down your short dress while you pursue said hat- it ain't pretty!



So how would I really wear it and feel 100% confident?
One word: JEANS


This, my friends is my everyday styling of this dress. In reality I just don't feel comfortable showing that much skin, as much as I love the way it looks here. I'm really feeling flare jeans, and although I do think this would be just as cute with cuffed skinny jeans and flats these light washed flare jeans were the clear winner today. (They're currently ON SALE for $24!! Links and details below.)



A look at the accessories and dress detail:



These Ray Ban sunnies ended up being the mega steal of this outfit.  Forgotten credit card points turned into FREE sunglasses!  If you have credit cards that give you points make them work for you!


Detail of both the necklace and texture of the dress


And last but not least: the shoes! These trusty mustard d'orsay style heels have seen me through quite a few weddings and dressy ocassions. Their comfort coupled with a retro look make them my go-to shoe when I need something girlie. Plus, mustard- need I say more? (and they're on sale, whoop!)




Outfit Details:

Dress: thrifted from LazyEyeShop on Instagram
Jeans: American Eagle Hi-Rise Artist Flare Jean in Medium Wash (on sale!!!)
Hat: Forever 21 similar HERE 
Sunnies: RayBan Erika
Shoes: B.A.I.T. Footwear  can't get direct link to shoes to work. Search Bernice. They are on final clearance! 
Necklace: Jade chunky necklace from local boutique. Similar HERE 
Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics Verve satin lipstick
Nail polish: Smith & Cult Stockholm Syndrome






Comments

Popular Posts