Holiday Gift Guide- Cheer up, Old Bean Style




Cheer up, Old Bean's Holiday Gift Guide!


Alright friends- it's that time of year when you need to start thinking about the friends and loved ones on your list. If you're like me you procrastinate but don't want your last minute, hasty purchases to look well, last minute and hasty!! This is where I am here to help! I may not have ideas for everyone on your list but I've got some unique ideas that mix local talent with some international treats too!


Read on and check off that list!!!!



For unique gifts, I'd like to highlight some local ladies whose handmade baubles, beads and up-cycled wares are sure to please many on your list!

elladolce, Tina Louise Designs and Ruby Rose!


elladolce is the brainchild of Taryn, a talented jewelry designer who got her start with gorgeous bracelet trios. She has now branched out into necklaces and earrings- also offering custom works!! A personal favorite is my heart & hot air balloon necklace, & you'd better believe I have my eye on some arm candy!!  elladolce is available on Etsy and locally in the SLO County area at: Hive Natural Beauty Collective, The Radlife Store (both in SLO) and Synergy Salon in Arroyo Grande. Check elladolce and Taryn out on Facebook and Instagram!





Tina Waggoner is the  owner and creative force behind Tina Louise Designs. She up-cycles items she has thrifted and lovingly embellishes these pieces taking them from bland to cute and noteworthy! Tina personally gifted me with an awesome up-cycled striped scarf complete with a nesting doll brooch she made by hand! I wear it both on the scarf and sometimes on my jacket- so cute!! I've now got my eye on her flower wrist corsages! Tina Louise Designs can be found on Etsy and Instagram.






Ruby Rose grew out of a hobby for owner Stephanie Hendry. What started out as a favorite past-time of junking turned into a permanent location. Some of my favorite household items & clothing have come directly from her store. As I type I am sitting at my dining room table purchased many years ago when Ruby Rose was just starting out! Her Etsy shop will be taking a vacation as of 12/14 but I encourage you to visit the physical location for sweet finds galore!! You won't be disappointed! Ruby Rose can be found at 1335 Walker St. SLO, the Blog and Facebook page.








Now for my favorite International Treats sure to please!

Lush, David's Tea, and Real Techniques.



First on my list is a favorite that I have mentioned in a previous blog post, Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics. Lush is an English company started in 1994 and is now available worldwide, with heavenly retail locations that I could spend hours in!! Soaps, bath bombs, bubble bath bars, perfume, body butter...the list goes on!  I have so many favorite products that I honestly couldn't list them all, so I know there is a favorite out there just waiting for someone on your list!




David's Tea is a Canadian company that was introduced to me by Coral. Their loose leaf teas come in a variety of super delicious flavors and very creative add ins. Sprinkles in Birthday Cake Tea anyone? Edible gold glitter in Glitter & Gold black tea? Mini marshmallows in Toasted Marshmallow black tea? They have a tea for every tea drinker- rooibos, black. mate, herbal.... the list goes on and on! Did I also mention that they have darling tea accessories?!



Real Techniques make up brushes are fabulous! They were launched earlier this year by Samantha Chapman, one half of the English sister duo Pixiwoo- youtube stars and make up artists extraordinaire! (They've also started their own digital magazine called TWO). These brushes are great quality and affordable! And a fabulous bonus right now: Ulta has Real Techniques brushes and brush sets buy one get a second for half off! YES!! (I'll let you in on a secret.... someone on my list is getting a brush set and well- one for you....one for me! tee hee!)




San Francisco Bound?! Or just have an internet connection

The Curiosity Shoppe and A.G. Ferrari Foods


A favorite store in San Francisco that has incredibly unique gifts for the home is The Curiosity Shoppe. Fortunately for those of us who want to live in San Francisco but don't, they have a fabulous online shop with awesome gift ideas for every budget! The first time I ordered from them I even got a handwritten note from owner, Lauren Smith thanking me for my patronage! So if you are lucky enough to live in or near San Francisco visit their store at 855 Valencia Street and for the rest of us- the internet is a beautiful thing!!


Another San Francisco favorite is Italian import market, A.G. Ferrari Foods. I once got the most amazing little pots of flavored honey there, which unfortunately they don't carry anymore, but alas they have a ton of stuff to make up for it!! I highly recommend the Perbellini Pandoro for the foodie on your list- that is some darn good cake!! 




 I hope my list has inspired some gift ideas for the ones you love! 


Comments

Popular Posts